About ELC Brighton
The English Language Centre was founded in 1962 and is a not-for-profit charitable educational foundation. Since 1962, we have grown to become one of the leading schools in the UK through providing quality English language teaching to international students.
Our status as a charitable educational foundation means we invest all our surpluses in the services and facilities we offer our students and clients. In this way we can help you achieve your goals.
ELC Brighton provides modern facilities in a historic setting 33 Palmeira Mansions where ELC has been based since it was founded still retains many of the original features from its Victorian heritage. With 32 classrooms it is the largest independent school in the city, and one of the largest in the UK, yet it maintains a friendly, family atmosphere.
Brighton & Hove, on England's south coast, is one of the UK's finest cities. It offers a great environment to study in and is only 80 kilometres from London, with easy access to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
At ELC we offer you:
- a friendly, caring and safe learning environment
- highly experienced and professional teachers
- mixed-nationality classes
- all coursebooks and teaching materials included
- a large, spacious school with 32 classrooms
- a full programme of social activities and excursions
- 2 student lounges with flat screen TVs
- free wifi throughout
- student 'kitchen' with microwaves, kettles and drinks machines
- interactive whiteboards, smart TVs and class sets of iPads
- a spacious Self-Study Centre with computerised language laboratory, free internet access and connections for laptops
- a free advice service to help with university application
- an Accommodation Department to help you find the right place to stay
- an optional Airport Transfer Service