Available Exam Courses
Typical Course Content
Cambridge Examination courses at ELC are designed to improve your overall language ability in addition to developing the language skills necessary to pass your chosen Cambridge exam (FCE, CAE or CPE). They provide complete and careful preparation for all aspects of the examinations and include:
- practice interviews with experienced Cambridge examiners
- mock examinations under authentic exam conditions
- regular tutorials with your teacher to give individual help and study advice
- long 10-12 week intensive courses leading to the exams in March, June and December - 25 lessons (18.75 hours) per week
- short 4-week more intensive courses in summer leading to the exams in July and August - 30 lessons (22.5 hours) per week
If you are planning to study for 24 weeks or more, the Cambridge Examination Course can be taken as part of our Study Year Programme.
The exams are held in Brighton and run by Sussex Open Centre for Examinations (SOCE). NB in some cases the exam is on the Saturday immediately after the course. Please contact us for details.
N.B. exam fees are not included in course fees. Approx cost in 2013 FCE = £128; CAE = £131; CPE = £133 - prices include postage of certificate.