All the teachers' courses at ELC are eligible for EU funding.
You can apply to the European Union for a grant of up to 2500 euros to attend one of our two-week teacher development courses. The grant covers tuition, accommodation, travel and subsistence.
Teachers from the following countries are eligible:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or Turkey.
You need to be:
- A qualified and practising teacher of English in your country at Primary, Secondary or Tertiary level
- A primary teacher involved in English language teaching
- A teacher re-training in English language teaching
- Teaching subjects through the medium of a foreign language
- An English language teacher returning after a career break
- A trainer, an inspector or an adviser
How to apply?
- Choose the teachers' course you would like to attend.
- Complete and return the ELC Application Form noting that you wish to apply for EU funding. We will send you a pre-course reservation letter.
- Apply to your National Agency for funding and complete the Comenius Application Form.
- When funding has been confirmed, contact us and send us a £250 deposit or full fees to confirm your place on the course
Deadlines for application
The next deadline for applying for funding is:
- 30 April 2013 (for courses starting between1 September 2013 and 31 December 2013)
- 17 September 2013 (for courses starting between 1 January 2014 and 30 April 2014)
For more information contact us.